We may provide different or additional information about our privacy practices to residents of certain countries,
regions or states. Please refer to the below region-specific privacy information if it applies to you:
will use and share the information we collect or receive from or about you when you visit www.dechert.com and
third-party websites and applications accessed by or through our Websites.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in various ways. For example, you may provide information directly to us, we may
receive your information from someone else, or we may collect certain information about you automatically
through your use of our Websites. Some of the information you provide to us or that we collect is “personal
information.” The personal information that you provide and that we collect or receive from you depends on the
context of your interaction with us and our Websites, the choices you make when you use our Websites, and the
products and features that you use.
Information You Provide To Us
When you interact with us through our Websites, you may provide information directly to us. For example, you may
provide information to us when you:
- Register for an event or webinar or office visit. You may provide us with your name, business contact
details, employment-related information, travel details, dietary preferences and other information.
- Subscribe to our mailing lists, client alerts or newsletters. You may provide us with your name and
business contact details and other employment-related information.
- Register for and use our subscription services. You may provide us with your account credentials,
such as a user ID and password.
- Participate in a survey. You may provide us with your name, employment related information, and your
feedback regarding webinars, seminars and other events that we host or sponsor.
- Participate in our alumni network. You may provide us with your name, contact details and other
- Fill out questionnaires and assessments on our Website. You may provide us with your name and
business contact details and other employment-related information, as well as information about your
company, in relation to such questionnaires and assessments.
- Submit an enquiry or communicate with us via our Website.
Information We Obtain from Other Sources
Your employer or other person or entity with which you are affiliated may provide us with certain information
about you. For example, your company may provide us with your name and business contact details in
connection with events and webinars that we host. In addition, your company may provide us with such information
when authorizing you to use our subscription-based services.
We may also collect information about you via social media, as described in Social Media and Other
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Websites, we may automatically collect certain information about you. Automatically collected
information may, for example, include the following:
- Your IP address or mobile device identifier.
- The type of browser and operating system you are using.
- The domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Information regarding your downloads on and use of our Websites and subscription services.
- Information collected via cookies and other tracking technologies. This includes information about the
- Information regarding when you access and how you use our Websites. This includes information regarding the
duration of your engagement with certain aspects of the Websites.
This information may be combined and linked with information from other sources.
How We Use Information
- To present our Websites and its contents to you and to operate our Websites.
- To deliver the information or services you have requested from us.
- To reach out to you about new information or services to you that we believe you may be interested in,
including to market to you.
- To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes to our Websites.
- To help us improve our Websites and deliver a better and more personalized experience. This includes by
enabling us to estimate and analyze our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your
preferences, speed up your searches and recognize you when you visit our Websites.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into with you. This
includes for billing and collection, and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce
or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of the Websites, its employees or agents, or other
users or to comply with applicable law.
- For legal and compliance purposes.
- To help us develop new products and services.
- For our legitimate interests and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or
otherwise at your direction or with your consent.
- As permitted by law or as we may notify you.
How We Share Information
- With our affiliates.
- With our service providers, business partners and vendors. These third parties may include companies that
host our Websites, provide web analytics, data processing, advertising, email distribution, payment
processing and other services. These third parties may use your information as is necessary or appropriate
for the performance of the services they provide to us, or as otherwise contractually permitted.
- When you request any of our products or services. We will share your information to the extent necessary to
fulfill your request.
- When required to do so by law. For example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose
such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
In addition, please note that if Dechert or any of its affiliates or lines of business is merged, acquired,
divested, financed, sold, disposed of or dissolved, including through merger, consolidation, sale or divestiture
of assets, the relevant customer database, including personal information we may possess about you and
transferred, divested, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction or proceeding.
Online Tracking and Cookies
to understand usage of the website, and improve our content and offerings. For more information about how we use
Social Media and Other Platforms
You may be able to access social media networks like Facebook or LinkedIn (“Social Media Platforms”) directly
or indirectly through our Websites. You may also have the option of posting your activities on Social Media
Platforms, tagging us or posting content to pages we maintain on Social Media Platforms. As a result, we may
collect information from or about you via Social Media Platforms. If you choose to make any of your activities
or other content available through a Social Media Platform, including on our pages, or you engage in other
activities in connection with a Social Media Platform, your friends and followers on those Social Media Platform
that you have enabled, and potentially the general public, will be able to view those contributions and
activities. Please remember that the manner in which Social Media Platforms use, store, and disclose your
information is governed by the policies of such third parties. Dechert is not responsible for the privacy
practices or other actions of any Social Media Platforms that may be enabled via our Websites.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our Websites may contain links to third party sites and services whose privacy practices may be different than
ours. We also allow you to connect with other third-party sites and services. We are not responsible for the
privacy practices of third-party sites and services and you should consult the other third-party sites’ and
services’ privacy notices in order to better understand their privacy practices.
We have put in place reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized
access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect from and about you. However, no
system can be completely secure and we do not guarantee that unauthorized disclosures and access will not
happen. Although we take reasonable measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we
cannot assure you that your personal information or other information will never be disclosed in a manner that
Our Website is not intended for users under the age of 16, and Dechert does not knowingly collect information
from anyone under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 is permitted to use this Website or provide Dechert
with personal information.
Any information we obtain about you in connection with your use of our Website may be processed and stored in
the United States or other countries.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us pursuant to this
in order to do so.
appropriate portion(s) of our Websites and will indicate at the bottom when it was most recently updated. We
encourage you to periodically check back to review this policy so that you know what information we collect, how
we use it and with whom we share it.
How to Contact Us